USA Hockey and the Coaching Education Program require both certification and registration to be eligible to coach. Registration is done online on a yearly basis. Certification is also required. Click here for information about USA Hockey's Coaching Education Program. A few basic steps requirements are as follows:
Coaching Education Program Requirements (CEP):
- Find, register and attend the required certification clinic. You can only attend one clinic per season. (The coaching clinic season for Levels 1-3 officially runs from September 1 to December 31). (Yearly)
- Complete the online age-specific module(s) for the age level of play you are coaching. (Cost is $10 per module). The age-specific modules will be available online beginning 9AM MDT Monday, September 16th. (One Time per Level)
- Must attend the required clinic and complete the necessary online age-specific module(s) by December 31 of the current playing season to continue coaching on January 1.
Safe Sport (Every 2 Years):
- All Coaches must complete Safe Sport Training prior to ANY activity or interaction with the team. This training is FREE
- The Safe Sport training is good for 2 seasons based on the USA Hockey registration season (not the exact date the course was completed).
- A refresher course is available and mandatory for anyone who completed the training in the 13‐14 season.
- Managers Must Complete Safe Sport Training as well.
STARTING THIS FALL - ALL MANAGERS AND COACHES MUST COMPLETE SAFE SPORT PRIOR TO ANY INTERACTION WITH THEIR TEAMS OR PLAYERS.
AHAI Mandatory Screening (One Time):
- Everyone must consent to be Screened BEFORE beginning any officiating, coaching or manager activity, which includes clinics, power skating, officiating of practice or actual games and any other 'on-ice' or 'off-ice' hockey or manager activities LHC pays for this screening
- All coaches and managers must be screened by an AHAI approved agency. Screening from other agencies will not apply. This is a one time process.
- Failure to comply will result in the referee, coach and/or manager being immediately suspended. In addition, the referee, coach and/or manager and organization will be referred to the AHAI Screening/SafeSport Committee.
- LHC Registrar, Kari Michalek, will provide the access code for anyone required to complete the screening. This will occur once coach/manager are added to rosters.